Peter Gan Chong Beng, Dr.
- Senior Lecturer
B. Theol. (Melbourne College of Divinity)
B.A.(Hons.) (Monash, Aust.)
PhD (Monash, M'sia)
Philosophy of Religion particularly mysticism; metaphysics
- Gan, Peter Chong-Beng. (2015). Dialectics and the sublime in Underhill’s mysticism. Singapore: Springer.
- Gan, Peter. (2015). Constructing a deconstructive sublime. Journal of Aesthetics and Phenomenology, Volume 2(1): pp. 73-92.
- Gan, Peter. (2013). Spontaneity and non-spontaneity in wu-wei as an ethical concept in early Daoism. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 14(1), 1-15
- Gan, Peter. (2011). Being and becoming and the immanence-transcendence relation in Evelyn Underhill’s mystical philosophy. Sophia, Vol. 50(3), 375-389.
- Gan, Peter. (2010). Beyond passive acceptance: Openness to transformation by the other in a political philosophy of pluralism. In Göran Collste (Ed.). Identity and Pluralism: Ethnicity, Religion, and Values, (pp. 62-79). Linköping: Centre for Applied Ethics, Linköping University Press.
- Gan, Peter. (2009). Union and difference: A dialectical structuring of St. John of the Cross’ mysticism. Sophia, Vol. 48(1): 43-57.
- Gan, Peter. (2008). Hegel and Malaysia: Dialectics meets a constitutional monarchy. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 37(1), 61-77.
- Gan, Peter. (2006). The meeting of religions along the axes of mysticism and the quest for meaning in life. In Göran Collste (Ed.). Religious and Ethnic Pluralism in Malaysia (pp. 27-38). Linköping: Linköping University Press.
- Gan, Peter. (2005). Georges Bataille: Mysticism, negativity, and transgression. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 34(2), 200-214.
- Gan, Peter. (2004). Asian physical culture: Its spiritual and moral implications. Jurnal Ilmu Kemanusiaan (Journal of Humanities), Vol.11, 1-19.