Peter Gan Chong Beng, Dr.
- Senior Lecturer
B. Theol. (Melbourne College of Divinity)
B.A. (Hons.) (Monash, Aust.)
M.Soc.Sc. (USM, M'sia)
Ph.D. (Monash, M'sia)
Area of Specialization
Philosophy of Religion (particularly Mysticism), Metaphysics
- Gan, Peter. (2016). Religious transcendence: Hope for global communication ethics. In Göran Collste (Ed.) Ethics and Communication: Global Perspectives, (pp. 143-159). London: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Gan, Peter Chong-Beng. (2016). Ethics precedes religious beliefs: The basis of solidarity. Kemanusiaan: The Asian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 23(2), 51-69.
- Gan, Peter Chong-Beng. (2015). Dialectics and the sublime in Underhill’s mysticism. Singapore: Springer.
- Gan, Peter. (2015). Constructing a deconstructive sublime. Journal of Aesthetics and Phenomenology, Vol. 2(1): pp. 73-92.
- Gan, Peter. (2013). Spontaneity and non-spontaneity in wu-wei as an ethical concept in early Daoism. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 14(1), 1-15
- Gan, Peter. (2011). Being and becoming and the immanence-transcendence relation in Evelyn Underhill’s mystical philosophy. Sophia, Vol. 50(3), 375-389.
- Gan, Peter. (2009). Union and difference: A dialectical structuring of St. John of the Cross’ mysticism. Sophia, Vol. 48(1): 43-57.
- Gan, Peter. (2006). The meeting of religions along the axes of mysticism and the quest for meaning in life. In Göran Collste (Ed.). Religious and Ethnic Pluralism in Malaysia (pp. 27-38). Linköping: Linköping University Press.
- Gan, Peter. (2005). Georges Bataille: Mysticism, negativity, and transgression. Philosophia: International Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 34(2), 200-214.
- Gan, Peter. (2004). Asian physical culture: Its spiritual and moral implications. Jurnal Ilmu Kemanusiaan (Journal of Humanities), Vol.11, 1-19.