Dr. Rita Abdul Rahman Ramakrishna
- Areas of Specialisation
- Topics for PhD Students
- National/International Service
New Varieties of English , New Varieties of English in Postcolonial Literatures, Sociolinguistics.
- Rita Abdul Rahman Ramakrishna. (2012). Of roti canai, tau sar pau and thosai: ‘Branding’ English the Malaysian way. In Shakila Abdul Manan & Hajar Abdul Rahim (Eds.). Linguistics, Literature and Culture: Millennium Realities and Innovative Practices in Asia. UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Rita Abdul Rahman Ramakrishna. (2009). Lexical borrowing in Malaysian short stories. Undisciplined Thoughts: New Research in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. Australia: Curtin University. http://hgsoconference.curtin.edu.au/previous/rama.cfm
- Rita Abdul Rahman Ramakrishna. (2006). From students to students: Adapting technical reports as classroom material. In Jayakaran Mukundan (Ed.). Focus on ELT Materials (pp. 152-163). Petaling Jaya: Pearson-Longman.
- Ong, N. S. L., Ahmad Rizal Selamat, Razilah Abdul Rahim, Rita Abdul Rahman, Safiah Sidek & Tengku Shahraniza Tengku Abdul Jalal. (2003). Alpha English 1. Kuala Lumpur: McGraw Hill.
1. Charting the Development of Malaysian Variety of English: A Linguistic (and Sociohistorical) Documentation
• Linguistic Nativisation and Appropriation: Forms and Functions (Lexical, Morphological, Syntactic and Discoursal)
• Lectal Variation and Structural Patternings
• Challenges, Issues and Implications
2. Varieties of English in Postcolonial Literatures
• Malaysian English in Malaysian Literature in English
2. Varieties of English in Education (and Other Functional Domains): Current Trends and Developments
• Sociolinguistic Variation / Linguistic Diversity and Identity across Cultures