Dr. Hicham Lahlou
- Areas of Specialisation
- Topics for Ph.D. Students
- National/International Services
- Lahlou, H. & Abdullah, Imran Ho. (2012). A Cognitive Approach to Compounds and Blends: Revising the linguistic approach to blends. Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Lahlou, H., & Rahim, H. A. (2020). SPEED and VELOCITY in Arabic and English: A Corpus-based Cognitive Linguistic Analysis. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(7), 1005-1015.
- Lahlou, H., & Rahim, H. A. (2020). The influence of Prior Knowledge on Learning Scientific Terminology: A Corpus-based Cognitive Linguistic Study of ACCELERATION in Arabic and English. Arab World English Journal for Translation and Literary Studies, 4(1), 148-160. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.24093/awejtls/vol4no1.12
- Lahlou, H. (2020). A Corpus-based Cognitive Linguistic Analysis of Pre-existing Knowledge of Scientific Terminology: The Case of English Energy and Arabic طَاقَة (ṭāqa). Arab World English Journal for Translation and Literary Studies, 4(1), 3-13. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.24093/awejtls/vol4no1.1
- Lahlou, H. (2020). The motivations for the semantic change in the category GREEN in Arabic: A synchronic and diachronic corpus-based analysis. Open Journal of Social Sciences, 8, 18-28. https://doi.org/10.4236/jss.2020.81002
- Lahlou, H. (2019). Students’ Views of Science Education Challenges: A Focus Group Study. Language in India, 19(12).
- Lahlou, H. (2018). The conceptualisation of science terminology: A Cognitive linguistic analysis of the categories electricity and light in Arabic. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Research, 4(2), 75-80.
- Lahlou, H., & Rahim, H. A. (2016). Culture and conceptualisation of scientific terms: an analysis of the concepts “Weight” and “Mass” in Arabic and French. KEMANUSIAAN The Asian Journal of Humanities, 23(2), 19-37. doi:https://doi.org/10.21315/kajh2016.23.s2.2
- Lahlou, H. & Hajar, Abdul Rahim. (2013). A Cognitive Linguistic Analysis of the Concept TEMPERATURE in English and Arabic. Arab World English Journal. Special Issue on Translation, 2, 118-128.
- Lahlou, H. (2019). A Corpus-based Cognitive Analysis of the Radial Category green in Arabic. In M. P. Asl, K. Rajandran & Y. Azam (Eds.), The e-Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Linguistics, Literature and Culture: Change and Preservation in Language and Culture in Asia (pp. 150-154). Malaysia: School of Humanities, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Study Skills
- Contemporary English Grammar
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Language Learning Theories
- September 2011- September 2013: Postgraduate Research Grant Scheme, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- January 2010 - December 2010: Doctoral Fellowship, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- August 2006: The Best Thesis Award, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia